Instructions fo Authors
Conditions for Acceptance of Contributions
Contributors to the Studia Slavica journal are obliged to
- comply with the requirement for the paper to be original: if doubts arise concerning the originality of the study, the contributor will be requested to respond to these doubts. Articles not complying with the Publishing Ethics will not be published in Studia Slavica.
- cite all sources used in the paper;
- authors have to provide references and/or statement of financial support for their research papers;
- redraft their contributions in accordance with the recommendations of reviewers, provided that publication of the paper is conditional upon such redrafting.
All studies and papers offered for publication go through an independent anonymous review process. Reviews are made by two reviewers. Contributions are reviewed in double-blind review. The editor-in-chief of the periodical has the right to reject an article for serious reasons and not to submit it to the peer review (the article does not meet the requirements for scientific text or deviates significantly from the journal's focus) and must justify its decision before the editorial board. To assess the contribution, the scientific editor selects experts on the issues addressed in the text. It takes into account that judges are not closely related to the author in terms of work, institution or personality. The assessors fill in their standardized form with their opinion – whether they recommend the text for adoption, revision or rejection.
The journal accepts only manuscripts in a Slavonic language or in English sent to the following email address: in the doc/docx/rtf formats. A single paper, including footnotes and a list of references, should not exceed 20 standard A4 pages (approx. 40,000 characters). Authors are requested to observe the formatting guidelines. Submissions which deviate significantly from the formatting guidelines will be returned to their authors for reformatting or will be rejected. Manuscripts must also include an abstract and summary in English, including keywords.
Authors are requested to give their full name including academic degrees at the end of the paper, in addition to their postal address and email address. Contributions must meet the requirements placed for the form and content of academic publications and must not breach the Publishing Ethics.
- Formatting a paper 0,01 MB
- Pokyny pro úpravu příspěvků 0,03 MB
- Instrukcje dotyczące opracowania artykułów 0,03 MB
- Образец для оформления статьи 0,03 MB
Updated: 28. 05. 2020